Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blackberries.....pie or cobbler????



Hi there !! How are you this morning?? I wanted to share with you something that I did---well watched being done---yesterday. My two boys found some blackberries ripe on the farm that my son works at and we--well, they-- went and picked some !!! WooHoo! I am not much for high weeds and flip-flops...not a great combo, I don't think! Anyway, I froze them and am trying to figure out which I want to make---pie or cobbler....and wondered what you thought.


It was a beautiful day on the farm...just so hot and humid. I don't know how Seth works out in it all day. I worry about him some days...he comes home so drained. But he is surrounded by nature and the quietness and God's wonderful creation, SO inspiring.

So, do you see my finished firecrackers??? I think they turned out pretty good! What do you think?? I made a second batch, but feel like they turned out too dark [my mistake]...so may add them with some of the others and mix and match them to sell....Also. that is my husbands first attempt at making a dough board. It is made out of 100 year old wood. I think he did a great job, very proud of him!

Well, hope this day finds you well....
Kim