Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Miracles still exist!..



Well, it was a sad day yesterday for my son, but really all three of us! My son decided to take his furniture finds to KatyDids Antiques to try and sell them there. My husband and Seth loaded everything up along with some items that I was taking up there. We got out on the road and everything was going great, and Seth looked back and the mirrorjust went flying of of the 100 year old dresser.......he was SO upset....BUT miracle of all miracles....the mirror did NOT break! The wood holding was shredded to bits....but....My husband was able to stop and get to everything before any cars ran over them, so we have all of the pieces, they just are not together. We were So disappointed--He ended up putting them in the booth as is....maybe a good place for a big screen??? I know it isn't waht he had hoped.....the history was so intriging to him. He just graduated from college with a degree in History.....his desire was to pass that history on....

These pics were taken before he put the knobs back on and finished waxing the pieces....the knobs really made the things even more beautiful, but I forgot to take pics !!!!

It is going to be another hot one here today....it is nice, but I just wilt to nothing in this weather!!!! I am a mid 70's to low 80's kind of gal....but I have to say Thanks God for the sun as well as the rain.....
have a great day!