Monday, June 22, 2009

Busy as a bee!











Oh my goodness! A whole week has passed and I have neglected my new venture----Blogging! Do you have trouble feeling like you don't have anything exciting to say??? My life is a pretty normal one, so it's not full of new and different things going on~~~~~like, say Linda @ Behind My Red Door with a new grand baby{thanks Linda for becoming a follower of me!}, or Leslie @ My Country
Home with her children now home for the summer....alot of you are enjoying that at this time! Me, well....we are just beginning the journey of Empty Nesting....and are muddling our way through it! Right now we spend as much time being available to our son and his fiancee, as they are busy getting ready for their married life! You know, it will never be just like this ever again, and I have made it a challenge in my life to Enjoy
Every Moment of this process!!!! So, you may see that saying alot in my posts! Now on to the events of my past week!


Last Sunday, Mollie and Seth wanted to take the canoe out for a while. We all gathered up our gear and SUNSCREEN and off we went! Had an awesome time! We have a 3 person canoe and so we took turns laying out and canoeing. It was a blast! I made sure all involved kept their sunscreen on so as not to burn, but .....I forgot ME!!! Well, needless to say...I have blistered and am now peeling! Not good!!! Then we came home and made dinner~~~~Ribs on the smoker!!! Oh yeah!!! It was a nice day spent together. Seth and Mollie were not going to be able to be here yesterday for Father's Day, so we celebrated in a way then!





  1. Then on Tuesday...all HAIL broke loose! Literally! Mike and I were shopping in Gastonia and as were driving home, we began to notice the skies looking very strange. Dark to the left and right and clear in the middle. Then it started lightening all around. As we were driving down the road to our house lightening hit some lines and was very close! We kept going and Mikes eyes are glued to the skies. He has been watching Storm Chasers and has learned what to look for in major storms. He said "It is coming! I think it is RIGHT here!" Seth was at home, and was on the front porch when we pulled in and hit the garage door. The power went off just as the the door was halfway up. Then...as I said....ALL hail broke loose! Huge Hail!!! Seth manually opened the door and we got in! The trees behind our house were laying down the wind was blowing so hard and it was lightening! Wow! Dumb us, though ---we stood at our french doors and watched it all! Never again! Well, when it was over . it was a mess.! No major damage~Thank You God~ but the garden took a beating...lots of limbs down, and the well cover was missing. But WE were ok! The power came back on in the middle of the night, so it wasn't too bad.









Then on Saturday, we drove down to Travelers Rest and helped Moll
ie move in to their house they have chosen to rent. It was one of the hottest days of the year so far this summer and humid. But their little home is so sweet! We got it cleaned and ready for her to stay there that night. Mollie and Seth both are doing Broyhill Leadership Camp this week at Queens University in Charlotte, so she won't be there this week. Seth is working all of the camps but she is only doing two of them. They are both recent College Grads and are having a hard time finding jobs in their fields so they are doing a bunch of little jobs til they find just the right one! Mollie got a job at a church doing some work on a Evangelistic Campaign they are
doing--she will work 20 hours a week doing that and then she is also doing yard work for a couple. Seth works on a local farm helping them do upkeep. He has done this for several years now, and they take very good care of him financially! He does 5 camps during the summer also. He has been sending out resumes too.

























Haven't got to do alot of crafting this week. Not sure I will be able to do much this week either as I am packing for our CRUISE!!! WooHoo! More on that later--this has been a long post--sorry.

I am hoping now to put some pics in to be able to show some of what I am talking about !! Easier said than done for me!

Have a great day...!
Kim